TAQA ASSESSING APPRENTICESHIP
NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
Experienced hairdressers wishing to move into an assessment role. It covers all forms of learner assessment. (If applicants only wish to assess in a salon they may prefer the Level 3 Award in Assessing competence in the work place environment 6317–31 please ask for this leaflet if required).
Assessor Candidates will have individual support and assessment and the opportunity to achieve an essential qualification if moving towards a career in teaching and training.
This course is designed for hairdressing professionals with:
- experience in the industry.
- a level 3 hairdressing qualification (or significant relevant salon experience).
- access to 2 learners who are on a hairdressing NVQ course.
- Centre agreement to access written and oral records/ data protection agreement
- You will need to attend an induction workshop and follow up tutorials as required
Each individual case is judged on merit. Applicants will be interviewed and asked to provide their original certificates at interview. Assessments and tutorials will be arranged on an individual basis with your tutor.
In this participative programme TAQA Assessor Candidates will acquire knowledge and understanding of the principles of NVQs and the role of the assessor. They will be able to:
- Develop plans for assessing competence with candidates.
- Judge evidence against agreed standards to make assessment decisions.
- Give candidates feedback and support on your assessment decisions.
- Contribute to the internal quality assurance processes.
The types of activities TAQA Assessor Candidates will be involved in are:
- asking candidates questions (oral and written).
- Recognising prior learning and achievements.
- Administering and marking tests.
- setting projects, assignments and tasks.
- Assessing simulations (role play).
- assessing the candidate’s case studies.
- using evidence from other people, including peers and witnesses.
Assessment will include :
- Observation of assessment of learners
- Examination of evidence
- Professional discussion
- Oral questioning
- Written statements
- Case studies
- A portfolio of evidence as required by the awarding body
Location of Training:
- Workshops to be delivered at Retford GeTaHead Training Centre
- In salon /centre mentoring with observation support
- Home study.
Duration of Course:
- 8 months – 15 months (average) – but will dependent on learners being assessed and personal circumstances.
- Fixed workshop dates.
- Salon visit dates arranged to meet individual needs
- Course £520
- Registration and certification with City and Guilds £60.00
What equipment will I need?
You will need to provide note paper and stationery to record course information. All portfolio evidence should be typed to show professional presentation. Access to computers is available in the GeTaHead Training Resource Centres (if previously arranged).
- City and Guilds
Where can I go from here?
This course will prepare you to assess trainees in the all aspects of hairdressing, including practical, oral and written. You may choose to apply for teaching positions and progress onto a teaching qualification or progress to the level 4 awards, however these are only available to assessors who have access to a minimum of two other as-sessors in the workplace, and who have significant assessment experience.