NVQ Level 3 – BEAUTY THERAPY ADVANCED APPRENTICESHIP
Employment Rights,Responsibilities, Functional Skills & Personal learning & Thinking Skills
Established beauty therapists who are working in a beauty environment and already posses an NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, or who have significant beauty experience. Applicants should also have a high level of commitment and enthusiasm to succeed within the industry and be able to take responsibility to oversee promotional or improvement strategies.
Learners will have the advantage of learning and working in a real beauty environment.
They will be developing their confidence and skills at a supervisory level.
Employers will have their trainees where they need them – in the salon. The qualification will enable the salon to raise its profile and offer a higher level of service.
Day Release learners:
Will attend the GeTaHead Training site at Head to Toe Beauty, 56 Bridgegate, Retford, DN22 7UZ, for practical & theory one day a week
This course is designed for established beauty therapists with:
- NVQ level 2 (or equivalent), or significant beauty experience/ skills
- At least 30 hours beauty employment per week.
- Access to a paying clientele for possible assessments in the workplace.
- Agreed ability to access the chosen units for assessment requirements.
- Employer commitment to support the delivery of the training programme and release the learner for the off the job aspects of the programme.
- Level 1 or above obtained in English and Maths initial assessment tests.
- Commitment to purchase necessary tools, equipment and learning materials.
- Commitment to complete weekly private study of 2 – 4 hours in learner’s own time.
Learners will acquire the knowledge and understanding of the mandatory units (44 credit
- G22 Safely Control Work Operations (4)
- H32 Planning and Implementing Promotional Activities (5)
- B20 Provide Body Massage Treatments (10)
- B23 Provide Indian Head Massage (7)
- B21 Massage Using Pre-Blended Aromatherapy Oils(8)
- B28 Stone Therapy Treatment (10)
And Choose at least 7 credits from the following….
- G11 Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business(4)
- B12 Airbrush Make-up(8)
- B13 Body Electrical Treatments(12)
- B14 Electrical Facial Treatments(12)
- B15 Single Eyelash Extension Treatments(5)
- B24 UV Tanning Services(2)
- B25 Self Tanning Services (3)
- B26 Female Intimate Waxing Services(5)
The course will also include…
Building PERSONAL LEARNING AND THINKING SKILLS, such as self management, independent thinking, team working, creative thinking effective participation, and reflection.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS of English and Maths (unless there is evidence of prior qualifications) and EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
Assessment will be predominantly at the training site with some in salon (if appropriate) and will include:
- Observation of practical skills
- Oral questioning
- Written or online tests
- Written assignments
- A portfolio of evidence as required by the awarding organisation
- Tests and / or observations for the Functional Skills Programme (dependent on prior qualifications).
Location of Training:
- Practical and theory will be delivered at the GeTaHead Training site of Head To Toe Beauty, Retford.
- Work based assessment could be delivered in the learner’s own salon (by a Head Toe Beauty Assessor) subject to unique unit requirements or by an approved in salon work based assessor.
Duration of Course:
- 14 – 16 months (dependent on individual programme and initial assessment).
- 1 day focussed induction at the GeTaHead Training site Head to Toe Beauty.
- Weekly attendance at the GeTaHead Training site Head to Toe Beauty.
- Monthly salon visits by a GeTaHead Trainer.
- Cost of textbook is approximately £35.00
- All registration and certification costs are covered by GeTaHead Training.
- The course is Government funded so there is no charge. 16 – 18 year olds are automatically funded.
- 19+ learners are advised to check with GeTaHead to ensure that funding is available.
- City and Guilds
Where can I go from here?
This course will prepare you to progress to the level 4 in Beauty Therapy and/or Salon Management , (Foundation Degree). It will enable you to become a senior Beauty Therapy status in a salon or move into management, technician or employer status or many more careers see:
The Habia Website